Many women can relate to the struggles that accompany the weight loss & fitness journey. “I did it all wrong before, bulimic, abusing every weight loss pill on the market. I was over exercising, work out twice a day & on the treadmill until I felt like I was having a heart attack, Every diet under the sun and failed. My eyes were puffy from throwing up.” Lisa Patterson openly shared her battle to become healthy.
Low self worth, insecurities and body image issues plagued Lisa. Even as a personal trainer she works on that. The turning point in deciding to live a healthy lifestyle and remove toxic habits was being determined to have a high quality of life and wanting to build a community of like minded women. “I realized I had more power than I thought. I wanted to be the victor, not the victim. I couldn’t be a bulimic trainer not practicing what I preached! I started studying and knew I had to be better for myself if I wanted to be better for other people. My motivation became teaching others to do it right.”
Lisa is a tenacious, outspoken and innovative connector. A visit to her gym TTG Fitness provides proof of her commitment to help women push themselves to be their healthiest and to bring the community together. Hugs, compliments and genuine friendships are all around. You will find camaraderie and a safe space with someone who has their clients mind and body interests in mind. You won’t find diet pills on the premises as Lisa teaches the holistic and ancestral approach. Lisa’s healthy philosophy goes beyond eating and working out. In community circles, the women discuss being in healthy environments and staying away from other factors that hinder our health, such as unhealthy relationships. These environment factors go hand in hand in becoming healthy from the inside out. Change your environment, change your life.
“If you struggle with your own weight loss journey, you need to serve your spirit, have a support network. My clients tell me all the time how much they look forward to seeing me. They become friends and help each other with childcare! People go hiking together, all races, all ages.” Lisa assists with pre & post natal fitness to assist in healthy pregnancies too!
Here are a few of Lisa’s top tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- You are what you eat, when you eat and what your stress levels are
- Digestion and detoxification are important
- Pay attention to your sleep-wake cycles
- #1 Way to detox is sweating and moving. High intensity interval training is even better than cardio. It’s the best for women ~ you aren’t over stressing your heart and burdening your knees
- Carry snacks with you - Macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, packets of coconut oils, grass fed beef jerky ~ things that are easy to carry and don’t melt
- Don’t sleep with your cell phone. It can cause fatigue problems because of the lighting, It blocks melatonin
- You can find out more about the TTG Fitness studio in Hayward and Lisa at www.ttgfit.com or on Instagram @ttg_fit Yelp is TTG Fit (Trained to go Fitness)
Written by: Chayla Gibson (Sol Sister)